Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Workshop reflection

I'm going to be honest, I have always been pretty bad about analyzing poetry because many of the nuances in it tend to fly over my head when I read. But this workshopping experience has helped me understand this a little better. It was a combination of having to do it for a couple of weeks plus listening to my classmates and what grabbed their attention that really made stuff click. Also I was finally able to understand some poetry terminology by connecting them to actual examples used by my classmates and I can't thank them enough for that. Granted, I still have some issues and I tend to focus more on the surface level of meaning rather than trying to find deeper levels of meaning, but this experience has helped me be more confident at my skills in analysis and critiquing. As far as the experience of getting workshopped by my peers, it was nothing new. I'm a musician and so I'm pretty used to my teachers and peers critiquing my works.

No comments:

Post a Comment