Sunday, March 15, 2015

Reflections

I took many art classes in high school and participated in critiques. I was exposed to several environments where piers review each others works. My prior experience with this dynamic has made me appreciate a healthy atmosphere for critique. Our poetry workshop was a nice place to be able to give desired constructive criticism to my classmates. I enjoyed how we began critiques by saying positive things about the piece then followed by specific advice on how to make our poems better.

I appreciated deeply the critiques I received for my poem. I'm in an experimental stage in my writing. I am applying things, like meter and rhyme, to my poems in which I have never done before. I used these techniques to serve a purpose and try to convey a message. From my classmates, I was able to see what was communicated to my reader. Sadly, all my classmate-edited poems were messed up by the rainy week, but I audio recorded my workshop so all was not lost. Workshop was a surprisingly pleasant experience and I don't know why I was so nervous about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment