Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Poetry Workshop

Poetry workshop has been an enjoyable experience. At first, I was nervous about reading my poem out loud to the class and getting critiqued on it. After the process, I felt almost relieved because I was receiving great feedback to help enhance my poem. This process also allowed for me to become better at receiving feedback from others - especially during class. I wouldn't usually share my work with others unless I really wanted someone to hear it and this process allowed for me to become more comfortable with sharing it. I loved hearing the feedback and interpretations that others had of my poem. I also loved being able to openly comment and critique other classmates' poems in class. I'm glad that everyone was able to share a work they can be proud of to the class. I am developing an interest in poetry and this class and workshop has helped me to  be able to read, interpret and analyze them better. From hearing and being able to critique other classmates' poems, I have learned how to write and improve my own writing and poems. I want to have a workshop for my other pieces of writing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment